Monday, June 16, 2008

Evening Farm Walk

To me, dirt roads are one of the most wonderful things about living in the country.

Brandon, can you tell me what these are called? They were all along the roadside near our mailbox.

The sunset had such a beautiful affect on these trees in the cattle field across from our house.

One of the most peaceful sunsets I've seen in a long time.
Notice I'm starting to get my summer freckles back. If I could, I would wish them all away... but they sure are a small price to pay for getting to be a farm girl.

His beauty is seen in all He has made!

Awesome...
Can anyone think of something better to say about this one?

I'd better not hear any complaining that I never put pictures of myself on here!

Mama's Daylilies.

A farm child.

Aunt Livia was out for a stroll with Carrick and Cassia last evening. Only Cassia got to be in this picture, because Mommy and Baby were so far behind.

Holly has to be tied to her stake while the kitties eat so that she can't steal their dinner, and she's usually not too happy about it. At least she smiled for the picture!


I'm thinking about entering this one in the fair this year. What do you think?

5 comments:

Matt Skywalker said...

I'm not brandon, but the flower is a Common St. John's Wort, or more properly, "Hypericum perforatum" most would not consider me a flower lover, but I think they are one of God's greatest gifts, next to sunrises and sets :)

Mark said...

Great pictures, Ashley. You definitely should enter the house picture in the fair. The only thing I would do first would be to straighten it so the house is vertical.

Brandon said...

Darn! Matthew beat me! However, he only did so because he didn't go to work and I did :). Regarding the your last picture, it's amazing! I wish I could get shots that good!

Brandon said...

I forgot to say so before, but St. John's Wort is a very useful herb... has great medicinal values etc. Speaking of herbs, how are yours doing?

Thy Little Handmaiden said...

Oh Ashley,
I loved the pictures! Everything is so beautiful on the Third Day Farm. :) Aren't you glad that we all live here together?
Anytime you're going on a walk again let me know if you'd like me to come with. :) I'd really enjoy having some special time with just you. :)
Love you so much sister!

Bean Jean :)