Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Name Only God Knows ~ by Max Lucado

"Can't say I've given a lot of thought to my given name. Never figured it made much difference. I do recall a kid in elementary school wondering if I were German. I said no. 'Then why do you have a German name?' I didn't even know Max was German. He assured me it was. So I decided to find out.
'Why did you name me Max?' I asked Mom when I got home. She looked up from the sink and replied, 'You just looked like one.'
Like I say, I haven't given much thought to my name. But there is one name that has caught my interest lately. A name only God knows. A name only God gives. A unique, one-of-a-kind, once-to-be-given name.
What am I talking about? Well, you may not have known it, but God has a new name for you. When you get home, he won't call you Jamie or Stephanie or Carlos of Juanita. The name you've always heard won't be the one he uses. When God says he'll make all things new, he means it. You will have a new home, a new body, a new life, and you guessed it, a new name.
'I will give some of the hidden manna to everyone who wins the victory. I will also give to each one who wins the victory a white stone with a new name written on it. No one knows this new name except the one who receives it.' (Rev. 2:17)
Isn't it incredible to think that God has saved a name just for you? One you don't even know? We've always assumed that the name we got is the name we will keep. Not so. Imagine what that implies. Apparently your future is so promising it warrants a new title. The road ahead is so bright a fresh name is needed. Your eternity is so special no common name will do.
So God has one reserved just for you. There is more to your life than you ever thought. There's more to your story than what you've read. There's more to your song than what you've sung. A good author saves the best for last. A great composer keeps his finest for the finish. And God, the author of life and composer of hope, has done the same for you.
The best is yet to be."

2 comments:

Susie said...

I would love to take your pictures

:) miss you too
~Susanne

Susie said...

Oh, and about the guitar he is still learing. He played a little in PA and he liked it so much that now he and I are learning. :)